Boy, 8, Hospitalized After Snake Bite in Miramar

A young boy was rushed to the hospital after he was bitten by a snake in Miramar Tuesday.

The 8-year-old boy was bitten by a water moccasin shortly after 5 p.m. in the 3700 block of Southwest 160th Avenue, Miramar Fire Rescue officials said.

The boy, Jorge Quinonez, said the snake had come from a nearby lake and into his backyard.

"I was playing tag and I tripped over my laces and there it was," Quinonez said Thursday.

The child was conscious when rescue workers arrived and he was taken to nearby Memorial Health.

He was released from the hospital hours after speaking with NBC 6, saying the bite was extremely painful.

"I was screaming, I was crying," he said.

Miami-Dade venom unit responded to the hospital to assist in his treatment.

"Without their anti-venom I would be like, still crying," he said.

Contact Us