A man accused of molesting a young girl at a Miami synagogue is a free man after the charges against him were dropped Monday.
The State Attorney's Office dropped sexual battery charges against 29-year-old Jacob Jurberg after they said there wasn't enough evidence against him.
Jurberg had been accused of luring the girl to an upstairs room at the facility during a rabbi's birthday celebration.
He had been held without bond for the past three weeks.
"Although the police had probable cause to arrest the above-referenced defendant, there is insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant sexually assaulted the victim in this case," the State Attorney’s Office said in a memo that closed the case.