Fire broke out at a Miami apartment building on Wednesday and a little girl is being blamed for sparking it.
Firefighters responded to the building at Northwest 56th Street and 7th Avenue. They say the fire started when an 11-year-old girl was sewing on a fourth floor balcony. She apparently lit a match to burn the tip of the thread and somehow a mattress that was nearby caught fire.
Firefighters say the direction the wind was blowing fueled the flames and caused them to spread quickly into the apartment. Smoke filled the hallways and many elderly residents had trouble getting out.
Power was knocked out and officials said the residents on fourth and fifth floors would have to find a place to stay for the night.