A 6-year-old boy was playing with fireworks in Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday night when some exploded in his hand, blowing off his finger.
The boy is expected to be OK, his grandmother told NBC 6.
The accident happened near 3412 SW 12th Court in Fort Lauderdale around 5:45 p.m. The child was transported to Broward Health, the boy's grandmother said.
His grandmother told NBC 6 that they found his finger on the ground, put it on ice and rushed it to the doctor.
A neighbor said he was in bathroom when he heard commotion and yelling after the explosion.