Alberto Cutié's prayers have been answered. Miami's favorite priest was dropped from a lawsuit filed by his newlywed wife's ex-boyfriend that claimed the couple conspired to get a man kicked out of the country.
Maxi Paulus Ratunuman, 44, was arrested June 6 on false trespassing charges by an off-duty police officer whom he says provided security for Cutié. The charges were dropped by the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office earlier this month. Ratunuman, who overstayed a tourist visa, is currently in immigration custody, his lawyer said Tuesday.
Cutié's lawyers said the priest has been "completely vindicated" and expects the same for his wife. The illegal immigrant from Indonesia still plans to continue his dogged pursuit of Ruhama Bune Canellis (or is that Cutié), who he says owes him money.
The split couple was supposed to get married and have some babies when Cutié stepped in a dashed Ratunuman's dreams, he said. The lawsuit was filed a few days before Cutié and Canellis wed in a Coral Gables courthouse June 18.
Adding insult to injury, Ratunuman wasn't invited to Episcopalian religious ceremony on July 27.
And so the saga continues on "As the Priest Turns." Tune in next week when Canellis' baby daddy shows up with Maury Povich and a paternity test.