One of the Miami Dolphins top offensive targets is facing a possible off-field issue as an investigation continues into an alleged battery case involving his girlfriend.
Wide receiver Jarvis Landry, who has made it to the Pro Bowl the last two seasons, is being investigated for an alleged incident that occurred earlier this year in Fort Lauderdale - which was first reported by local sports radio host Andy Slater.
The Fort Lauderdale Police Department issued a statement saying the investigation is over and has been sent to the State Attorney’s Office for review.
Shortly after practice Monday, Dolphins head coach Adam Gase said the team knew about the investigation after Landry told them about it.
"We're aware of it. We took the proper steps of what we're supposed to do, Gase told reporters at the team’s Davie facility. “Past that, I can't really comment on anything."
Landry, who is entering his fourth season with the team and is scheduled to become a free agent next March, could face discipline from the NFL under their personal conduct policy even if he is not charged.
The second round draft pick out of LSU in 2014, Landry has had over 1,000 yards receiving the last two seasons and is considered to be one of the top young receivers in the NFL entering the 2017 season.