Dr. Orlando Llorente, Miami Plastic Surgeon, Charged With Attempted Murder, Kidnapping

Surgeon held and beat ex-girlfriend for hours over Facebook message: Police

A Miami plastic surgeon is facing attempted murder and kidnapping charges after he held his ex-girlfriend captive and beat her for several hours over a Facebook message, authorities said Wednesday. 

Dr. Orlando Llorente, 41, is also facing charges of robbery, battery, tampering with a witness, false imprisonment and criminal mischief in the April incident, according to jail records and a Miami Police arrest affidavit.

According to the affidavit, Llorente became enraged over the Facebook message he saw on his ex's page, grabbed her by the hair and dragged her into a bathroom where he forced her head into a toilet and banged her head against the floor.

Cop 'Overreacted' During Scuffle at Miami Murder Scene: Attorney

He also forced her into a bathtub where he straddled her, forced a wet rag into her mouth and started pouring water over her head until she lost consciousness, the affidavit said.

The ordeal lasted between 12 and 16 hours, during which time the woman wasn't allowed to leave and suffered visible signs of trauma to her head and face, the affidavit said.

"The victim advised that she had to play along with the defendant and make him believe that she would not tell anyone for him to let her go," the report said.

Ex-Porn Actor Sues Palm Beach School District

Llorente wouldn't let the woman use her phone all day, the report said.

At one point, Llorente drove the woman to a CVS store in Pinecrest where he gave her her phone to send her mom a text message, the affidavit said. While in the parking lot, Llorente began "coaching" his ex on what to tell her mom about her facial injuries, telling her to say she fell in the bathtub, the report said.

The woman tried to record the conversation with her phone but Llorente noticed and again became violent, grabbing her by the neck and trying to take the phone from her, the affidavit said.

Wrongful Death Suit Filed vs. Hialeah in Police Crash

She managed to throw the phone out the car window and began crying for help when she got out of the car to retrieve it. Llorente grabbed the woman and pushed her to the ground and was able to take the phone from her, the report said.

Once he had the phone, he smashed it on the ground and stomped on it until it was in pieces, the report said. When Pinecrest Police arrived, Llorente wasn't at the scene, the affidavit said.

Llorente turned himself in to police on Tuesday and made his first court appearance Wednesday, where he was ordered held without bond by Judge Nushin G. Sayfie.

Giant Mural Cause for Controversy in Hollywood

Llorente's attorney, Marcos Beaton, disputed the charges during the hearing.

"I don't see anything within the narrative that suggest that Dr. Llorente prevented the alleged victim from leaving, either by threat, by force or by implication of force," Beaton said.

Llorente was ordered to have no contact with the alleged victim.

"Dr. Llorente voluntarily surrendered to authorities yesterday and is resolute on clearing his name. He reached out to law enforcement, through his lawyers, when these false allegations surfaced. We are disappointed that our requests for more time in which to present a thorough and thoughtful examination into the source of the allegations and the facts surrounding them was declined," Beaton said in an email statement. "In fact, the City of Miami Police Department ignored repeated phone messages from Dr. Llorente’s attorneys. Had we been given that opportunity, we would have been able to show that Dr. Llorente is absolutely not guilty. We look forward to vindicating him in court."

More Local Stories:

Contact Us