What to Know
- Officials say the fire broke out inside the complex at 951 Crandon Boulevard before 1:30 a.m. as a possible electrical issue.
A Key Biscayne firefighter was released after being hospitalized following an early morning blaze inside a strip mall.
Officials say the fire broke out inside the complex at 951 Crandon Boulevard before 1:30 a.m. Thursday, saying it appears to have started as an electrical issue above two units. A total of six units were damaged by fire on the roof, smoke or water as a result.
Nearly three dozen firefighters responded to deal with the blaze, with one being taken to Ryder Trauma Center with minor, undisclosed injuries and later released.