Fla. Toddler Served Sangria at Olive Garden

Mom considers lawsuit after 2-year-old gets booze at restaurant chain

A central Florida mom is mulling a lawsuit after her 2-year-old son was accidentally served a sangria instead of an orange juice at a Lakeland Olive Garden.

Jill VanHeest says she took her son Nikolai to the hospital after the March 31 incident, and he was given fluids and released a couple hours later.

Though he suffered no lasting effects, VanHeest said she has an attorney but hasn't decided whether to sue.

The incident prompted the company to warn its employees to be more careful with alcoholic drinks.

"This was an extremely regrettable accident caused by the failure of an employee to follow our strict operating procedures," Olive Garden said in a statement. 

Earlier this week, a 15-month-old Michigan boy was accidentally served a margarita at an Applebee's. His parents have filed a lawsuit seeking over $25,000.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us