What to Know
- The exiled Brown took to Twitter on Sunday, saying he will not be playing in the NFL anymore.
Free agent NFL wide receiver Antonio Brown gave his side of the story in a deposition on Tuesday for a civil suit claiming he trashed a multi-million dollar condo in South Florida last year.
The owners of the Mansions at Acqualina in Sunny Isles Beach sued the former New England Patriots player, claiming he caused $35,000 worth of damage – while another lawsuit from the same case claims Brown nearly hit a toddler and her grandfather with furniture that he threw out a window.
Brown walked into the deposition with his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and attorney Darren Heitner.
"This is a landlord-tenant dispute and we're here for just that," Heitner said. "Today's deposition is about the condo, not commenting on anything else."
The appearance was originally delayed due to his schedule, but the Miami native was released late last week in part due to allegations he sexually assaulted two women.
In March, the Pittsburgh Steelers traded the four-time Pro Bowl receiver to Oakland, which released him before he played in a game. Days after the Patriots signed him, a former trainer filed a civil lawsuit in Florida accusing Brown of rape. The team also learned he tried to intimidate a second woman who accused him of sexual misconduct. He denies the allegations.
The exiled Brown took to Twitter on Sunday, saying he will not be playing in the NFL anymore. Central Michigan University spokeswoman Heather Smith said Monday that Brown began taking online courses last week, adding he is not attending classes on campus.
Brown played for the Chippewas from 2007 to 2009 before Pittsburgh drafted him in 2010.