It's the day your inner foodie has been waiting for all year long!
From 7 a.m. through 10 p.m., IHOP Restaurants nationwide are celebrating a "Decade of Giving" on the tenth anniversary of National Pancake Day, where you can get a free short stack of their famous buttermilk pancakes.
Customers are encouraged to make a voluntary donation to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals in exchange for the delicious treat.
IHOP restaurants hope to raise $3.5 million this year, which would bring the total raised to nearly $20 million for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and other local charities in the decade since the inception of free pancake day.
Participating South Florida IHOP restaurants include:
- 285 Northwest 42nd Avenue in Miami
- 7450 Northwest 186th Street in Miami
- 1101 North Federal Highway in Ft. Lauderdale
- 2305 North University Drive in Pembroke Pines
- 6928 Collins Avenue in Miami Beach
National Pancake Day Fun Facts:
- IHOP Restaurants served 4.2 million free pancakes on National Pancake Day 2014 and pancake lovers donated nearly $3 million to children’s charities.
- All of the free pancakes served on National Pancake Day 2014 would create a stack nearly 12 miles high.
- Since the inception of National Pancake Day in 2006, IHOP Restaurants has raised nearly $16 million and given away more than 26 million pancakes to support charities in the communities where it operates.
For more information on IHOP National Pancake Day or to donate online, visit IHOP's website.