Gas Leak Causes Evacuation at Miami School

A strong smell of gas from a cut line led to a Miami school being evacuated Monday afternoon.

The gas leak happened after a four-inch gas line was cut at a construction site in the area of Southwest 1st Street and 8th Avenue near Lincoln Marti School, Miami Fire Rescue officials said.

About 130 toddlers, including 11 infants, were evacuated and moved to another part of the school, officials said. None of the kids were injured.

Crews were working to fix the gas line.

Contact Us