Drivers across the state of Florida are seeing yet another week of lower prices at the gas pump this week.
AAA reports the average price is $4.08 a gallon, down 17 cents from last week and 61 cents over the last month. The price is still $1.12 higher than at this point one year ago.
In Miami, the average price is $4.20 per gallon - down 15 cents from last week and 56 cents from one month ago. The lowest price is at the Murphy Express located on Northwest 27th Avenue in Miami Gardens at $3.68 a gallon.
In Fort Lauderdale, the average price is $4.20 per gallon - down 16 cents from last week and 57 cents from one month ago. The lowest price is at the Mobil station located on Miramar Parkway in Miramar at $3.50 a gallon.
You can save money by using apps like GasBuddy to find the stations with the lowest prices near you. And it lets you sort by fuel type, payment method, gas station brand and more. Here's what to do.
- Download the GasBuddy app, either on Apple's App Store or on Google Play.
- Open GasBuddy and tap "Sign Up."
- Enter your email and zip code
- You'll need to share your location, a feature that can be turned off in your phone settings later on.
- Tap the "find gas" tab on the bottom of your screen.
- You'll be able to pick which fuel type you prefer. GasBuddy lets you filter for regular, midgrade, premium, diesel, UNL88 and E85.
- The app shows a list of stations and their prices from low to high. It also tells you the range of prices. For example, in one Los Angeles area, prices range from $4.99 to $5.99.
- You can filter by payment method, ratings, brands and amenities, like restrooms or stations that are open 24/7.
- Once you settle on a station, you can click on the one you want. That will show you its full address, directions, ratings, reviews and amenities.
- The app will also ask you to report gas prices at the station, so you can help others get accurate information.
Sign up for our Breaking newsletter to get the most urgent news stories in your inbox.