The Nov. 6 election is approaching soon and it's necessary to know how to prepare yourself to vote.
Three forms to vote:
One can vote early, by mail or on election day. To vote early for the primary elections, here are the different locations. You can also request a voter ballot by email by email, fax, telephone or in writing through:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax: 305-499-8401
• Phone: 305-499-8444
Supervisor of Elections
To: Voting by mail Ballot Section
PO BOX 521250
MIAMI, FL 33152
If you are voting by mail, it is important that the information is returned via United States Postal Service by 7 p.m. on Election Day. A voter who has interested in returning their ballot in person, they can visit the Miami-Dade Elections Department at 2700 NW 87th Ave. Miami, FL 33172.
For more detailed information visit here.
What do you need to vote:
When voting at any polling place, either at an early voting site or on the day of the election, be sure to bring a current and valid ID containing your name, photograph, and signature. It is also important to bring your voter information card to vote.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
• Florida driver's license
• Florida identification card issued by the Department of Road Safety and Motor Vehicle
• United States passport
• Debit or credit card
• Military identification
• Student identification
• Identification of the retirement center
• Public assistance identification
• Identification of the Neighborhood Association
• Florida Hidden Weapons Licenses
• Health Veterans Identification Cards issued by the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
• Identification of employees issued by the government
For more information on the documents needed, visit here.
On election day, voters will register with an election worker, then receive a paper ballot and escort them to a private booth for review and issuance of the ballot.
For information on early voting in Miami-Dade and a list of early voting locations, click here.