Man Charged in Hollywood Gang Rape Has Court Outburst

A man charged in the 2013 gang rape of a Hollywood girl went on an expletive-filled rant at a court hearing Thursday.

Jayvon Woolfork, 20, is charged with sexual battery and kidnapping in the November 2013 beating and rape of the 16-year-old girl.

At Thursday's hearing, Woolfork became animated during a discussion of a plea deal that could have him spending several years in prison.

"Why would I take something when I know I didn't do nothing! That's stupid," he said. "What evidence do you have! Let me know!"

When it was pointed out that Woolfork had given a statement admitting he had sex with the teen, he became even more angry.

"Where is the evidence? She says she was raped, where is the evidence showing she was raped? F--k what I said, that don't really matter what I said!" Woolfork exclaimed. "She said she was held down and raped, where the f--k is the evidence at?"

Woolfork said he would think about the plea deal. His attorney said the outburst was unusual.

"I was surprised that he was animated because he's always been very well behaved in court, this was the first time," Barry Butin said. "I'm thinking it's frustration from being in jail for so long."

Woolfork, 19-year-old Lanel Singleton, 18-year-old Dwight Henry and 17-year-olds Erica Avery and Patricia Montes were arrested in the rape.

Police said Woolfork raped the girl while the other teens held her down at his home on the 1600 block of McKinley Street. The victim told officers she was kicked, had her hair pulled, was thrown down the stairs and even had her face smashed on the concrete. She broke bones by both of her eyes and stayed in the hospital for several days.

Montes, Henry and Avery were each charged with two counts of sexual battery and two counts of kidnapping. Singleton was charged with one count of sexual battery and one count of kidnapping.

Avery and Montes accepted plea deals last month and were both sentenced to four years in prison. Singleton was also given four months in prison as part a plea deal last month, while Henry was given two years in prison as part of his plea deal.

Contact Us