A man was rushed to the hospital after he was injured in a fire at a Lauderhill apartment that investigators said was possibly started by fireworks that landed in a balcony Monday night.
Crews from Lauderhill Fire Rescue and Sunrise Fire Rescue responded to the apartment located at the 2100 block of Northwest 59th Terrace, where one man was found suffering from minor injuries.
The man, who was not identified, was transported to an area hospital where his condition was not released.
Officials have not determined the exact cause of the fire, but said it could have been the result of fireworks landing on a balcony.
Sign up for our Breaking newsletter to get the most urgent news stories in your inbox.