NBC

Man Rushed to Hospital After Fireworks Mishap in Fort Lauderdale

A man was rushed to the hospital after a fireworks mishap in Fort Lauderdale Monday, officials said.

The incident was reported in the 1300 block of Northwest 11th Place.

Fire officials said the 25-year-old man was taken in serious but stable condition to Broward Health.

A neighbor said the man had partially blown his hand off, but officials didn't give any specifics on his injuries.

"One of his fingers came off, they found his finger. His thumb is literally split to pieces, the bone, the tissue the vessels, the arteries - everything is gone. All three, these three here were dangling like a piece of meat," neighbor John Reed said.

No other information was immediately known.

Check back with NBC 6 for updates.

Contact Us