Hundreds were evacuated from a Miami Beach hotel early Tuesday morning after an electrical fire broke out.
Crews responded to the scene outside the Deauville Beach Resort at 67th Street and Collins Avenue around 3 a.m.
A hotel employee told NBC 6 that a generator caught fire outside of the building and that no one was injured.
"The wires came loose and apparently burnt up. So the only thing that burnt up was the wire, a temporary wiring that was going to the electrical room and the fire sprinkler for the building actuated and it controlled and extinguished the fire," Miami Beach Fire Rescue Capt. Jorge Linares said.
Guests were forced to evacuate their rooms as firefighters shut off the power for safety precautions.
FPL crews were on the scene and guests are still being kept out of the building as a precaution. The Red Cross was on the scene to help those who have been displaced.
"We're going to have the building officials and engineers check it it out. It could be a couple of days or it could be a week, we don't know yet," Linares said.