Miami-Dade County is increasing parking fines – some by double or triple the amount – beginning next month.
The increases take effect Oct. 1:
- Overtime Parking (expired meter/failed to pay meter) increased from $18 to $36.
- Restricted Parking (parking in a residential zone without a permit) increased from $23 to $36.
- Freight Loading Zone increased from $23 to $75.
- Passenger Curb Loading Zone increased from $23 to $46.
- Obstruction of Traffic increased from $28 to $124.
- Unlawful Parking or Obstructing Traffic in Alley increased from $28 to $120.
- Parking Near Hazardous or Congest Places increased from $28 to $120.