Attorney

Second Suspect Arrested in Machete Attack at Hollywood Broadwalk Restaurant: Police

Hollywood Police have arrested a second suspect that was allegedly involved in a machete attack last month.

The attack happened around 2 a.m. on Saturday, March 26, at Mamacita's Mexican Bar & Grill located at 591 North Broadwalk in Hollywood.

Cesar Alexander Diaz, 20, was arrested Friday, for his involvement in the violent attack.

Diaz's uncle, 36-year-old Cedi Pacheco, was arrested earlier this month. Police said, Diaz approached two patrons who were seated at a table at the restaurant and attacked them with a large machete.

According to the police report, the attack began as a fist fight over a woman. Diaz and Pacheco allegedly then went to their vehicle. Diaz grabbed the machete and handed it Pacheco. They then went back to the restaurant in a fit of rage. The report says Pacheco struck one of the victims with the machete a dozen times, while Diaz held the victim in a headlock.

Both victims suffered serious injuries and were transported to Memorial Regional Hospital where they underwent treatment. The victims have since been released and are recovering from their injuries. 

Diaz turned himself into the Hollywood Police Department Thursday without incident.

Diaz has been charged with committing and attempted specified felony that could cause death. There's no word on whether he's hired an attorney.

Contact Us