Drivers across the state of Florida saw an extremely slight break in how much they were paying at the gas pump in the past week.
AAA reports the average cost for a gallon of gas is $4.48, down just two cents from one week ago. The price is up 37 cents from one month ago.
In Miami, the average cost is $4.53 a gallon - up one cent from last week and 39 cents from one month ago. The cheapest gallon is $4.29 at the Marathon station located on 176th Street in North Miami Beach.
In Broward, the average cost is $4.54 a gallon - down one cent from last week and up 38 cents from one month ago. The cheapest gallon is $4.29 at the Marathon station located on State Road 7 in Lauderdale Lakes.
You can save money by using apps like GasBuddy to find the stations with the lowest prices near you. And it lets you sort by fuel type, payment method, gas station brand and more. Here's what to do.
- Download the GasBuddy app, either on Apple's App Store or on Google Play.
- Open GasBuddy and tap "Sign Up."
- Enter your email and zip code
- You'll need to share your location, a feature that can be turned off in your phone settings later on.
- Tap the "find gas" tab on the bottom of your screen.
- You'll be able to pick which fuel type you prefer. GasBuddy lets you filter for regular, midgrade, premium, diesel, UNL88 and E85.
- The app shows a list of stations and their prices from low to high. It also tells you the range of prices. For example, in one Los Angeles area, prices range from $4.99 to $5.99.
- You can filter by payment method, ratings, brands and amenities, like restrooms or stations that are open 24/7.
- Once you settle on a station, you can click on the one you want. That will show you its full address, directions, ratings, reviews and amenities.
- The app will also ask you to report gas prices at the station, so you can help others get accurate information.
Sign up for our Breaking newsletter to get the most urgent news stories in your inbox.