More than 50 companies will be recruiting for more than 2,000 jobs at the South Florida Mega Job Fair Wednesday.
The job fair will be held at the BB&T Center (formerly Bank Atlantic Center) on Wednesday, located at One Panther Parkway in Sunrise from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Jobseekers will have the opportunity to meet face to face with South Florida's top employers.
The event is sponsored by The Florida Panthers, The Check Cashing Store, Colonial Life & Simple Health.
Participating companies include:
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel will be interviewing for a F&B Manager, F&B Supervisor, Mechanics, Servers, Bartenders, PM Servers, Host/Hostesses, Cooks, Front Desk Agents, Night Auditors, Room Attendants and a houseperson.
Dry Cleaning Depot will be hiring for pick-up delivery drivers, customer service representatives, pressers, plant workers and plant managers!
Benihana is hiring for Hibachi Chef Trainees, Sushi Chef Trainees, Servers, Host, Managers and Prep Cooks
ITT Technical Institute will be hiring for Instructors, Admission Reps and Adjuncts.
Kent Security will be recruiting for D License Offices & Supervisors as well as Security Guards.
Speedway LLC be at the event recruiting for sales associates, assistant managers and managers in training!
Rick Case Auto Mall is hiring for sales consultants, automotive technicians and service advisors!
Encompass Onsite (formerly Dirt Pros) has immediate openings for housekeepers, maintenance/repair technicians, service manages, housekeeping supervisors and floor care technicians.
City Furniture will be recruiting for sales associates, delivery drivers and interior designers.
Florida Panthers Hockey Club will be conducting interviews for Account Executives, Box Office Representatives, Coordinator Digital Media, Landscaping Supervisor, Network Security Engineer, Part Time Housekeeping, Retail Sales Associate, Sales Associate, Security Officer, Senior Staff Accountants and Part Time Event Staff.
Bed Bath & Beyond will be doing on the spot interviews for sales associates, stock associates, cashiers, store managers, receiving and customer service agents.
Florida Department of Health is hiring for Nurses, Senior Clerks, Health Services Representatives and Dental Assistants.
For a full list of participating companies, visit JobNewsUSA.com.
What to do BEFORE the Job Fair:
- Pre-Register Online at www.jobnewsftl.com. Print out your registration page and bring it with you. This is your “fast pass” into the Job Fair at 10am ONLY.
- Dress your best, clean cut and professional.
- Update your resume and bring at least 30 copies with you.
- Do your Research! Pick a few companies from the list and learn more about them online.
- Children will not be admitting into the event, so be sure to make babysitter arrangements
- BB&T Center conducts a security check at the door. Large purses will not be allowed into the facility.
- No food, drinks or gum will be allowed into the job fair
- Additionally, cell phones are not permitted inside the job fair
What to do AT the Job Fair:
- Arrive with a positive, professional attitude
- Visit as many employers as possible and tell them what type of career you are interested in. If they do not have it available, they might be able to refer you to a company that does.
- It MAY rain. Bring an umbrella!
For more information, call (954) 252-6640.