A woman who made national headlines when she filmed herself pulling over a Miami-Dade Police officer who was allegedly speeding is under investigation herself for an alleged careless driving incident.
Claudia Castillo is being investigated by the Florida Highway Patrol for the incident two weeks ago, NBC 6 has learned.
NBC 6 reached out to Castillo for comment Tuesday but didn't hear back.
Castillo's cell phone pullover went viral last week, after it showed her flagging down an officer and berating him for allegedly speeding. It also got the attention of the officer's bosses and the Miami-Dade mayor.
"I think that he shouldn't have been speeding. But I thought the police officer at least from what I read acted in a professional manner. He apologized," Mayor Carlos Gimenez said.
Castillo claimed the officer was pushing 90 mph and said he was driving "recklessly."
NBC 6 has uncovered that the FHP is investigating an accident Castillo allegedly caused two weeks ago in which she was cited for careless driving. FHP also stopped her in 2014 for going 80 mph in a 60 mph zone but her case was dismissed.
Records also show Castillo has a history of getting pulled over, at least 14 times since 1998. Violations range from driving without a license, not wearing a seatbelt to failure to stop and speeding, with most of the cases dismissed.
On Tuesday, Miami-Dade's top cop praised the officer's professionalism but advised citizens against chasing down or pulling over law enforcement.
"The best way to denounce something, to launch a complaint against an officer, would be to just get the car number or badge and then call us and let us handle it," Miami-Dade Police Director Juan Perez said.