A Plantation hospital was forced to go on generator power after a man who was working outside hit a power line and was electrocuted Tuesday morning, officials said.
The incident happened around 9:15 a.m. at Westside Regional Medical Center on W. Broward Boulevard.
Plantation Fire Officials said the man was cutting into a pipe when he hit the power line. He suffered severe burns and was treated in the hospital's emergency room before being airlifted to Kendall Regional Hospital's burn unit, where his exact condition was unknown.
Officials said the hospital was using generator power and the ER remains operational.