Worker Electrocuted in Miami, Rushed to Hospital

Man in critical condition after he touched power line while in bucket

An electric company employee was rushed to the hospital after being electrocuted in Miami Tuesday.

The incident happened at a home in the 1300 block of Northwest 34th Street just after noon.

The Pike Electrical worker, for unknown reasons, touched a power line sending thousands of volts through his body, Miami Fire Rescue officials said.

A co-worker heard the man yell for help and ran over to his truck, where he was able to lower the bucket he was in to the ground, officials said.

The man's two co-workers gave the unconscious man CPR and called 911. He was rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center in critical condition.

"Something as simple as initiating CPR right away definitely gives a person a fighting chance at life," Miami Fire Rescue Lt. Ignatius Carroll said.

No other information was immediately known.

Check back with NBC 6 for updates.

Contact Us