Hurricane Florence - NBC 6 South Florida
Hurricane Florence

Hurricane Florence

Full coverage as Florence impacts the East Coast

Saturday, Sep 22, 2018 at 11:26 PM EDT

Local First Responders Come Home After Hurricane Florence

Local First Responders Come Home After Hurricane Florence

Some South Florida heroes reunited with their families Saturday after helping the victims of Hurricane Florence in the Carolinas.

Saturday, Sep 22, 2018 at 08:59 PM EDT

NC River Swirls With Gray Muck Near Flooded Coal Ash Dump

NC River Swirls With Gray Muck Near Flooded Coal Ash Dump

Gray muck is flowing into the Cape Fear River from the site of a dam breach at a Wilmington power plant where an old coal ash dump had been covered over by Florence's floodwaters. Forecasters predicted the...

Saturday, Sep 22, 2018 at 07:30 PM EDT

Travel Still Dangerous Amid Flooding in Parts North Carolina

Travel Still Dangerous Amid Flooding in Parts North Carolina

Travel remained dangerous Saturday in southeastern North Carolina, where the governor warned of "treacherous" floodwaters more than a week after Hurricane Florence made landfall, and urged residents to stay...

Friday, Sep 21, 2018 at 10:24 PM EDT

When Will It End? Florence's Floodwaters Rising in Carolinas

When Will It End? Florence's Floodwaters Rising in Carolinas

With muddy river water still washing over entire communities on Friday, eight days after Hurricane Florence slammed into land with nearly 3 feet of rain, new evacuation orders forced residents to flee to higher...

Saturday, Sep 22, 2018 at 05:01 AM EDT

Florence Extreme 3-Day Rainfall is a 0.1% Probability Event

Florence Extreme 3-Day Rainfall is a 0.1% Probability Event

Hurricane Florence’s 3-day rainfall was a less than .1% probability, "1000-year" event, analysis from The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s National Weather Service found. "The fact that this...

Friday, Sep 21, 2018 at 10:09 PM EDT

Florence Flood Breaches Power Plant Dam, Coal Ash May Spill

Florence Flood Breaches Power Plant Dam, Coal Ash May Spill

Florence's floodwaters breached a dam holding back a large reservoir at a Wilmington, North Carolina power plant Friday, and coal ash from an adjacent dump could be flowing into the nearby Cape Fear River. Duke...

Thursday, Sep 20, 2018 at 08:06 PM EDT

North Carolina Couple Still Stuck in NJ After Florence

North Carolina Couple Still Stuck in NJ After Florence

It’s been 11 days since Dick and Linda Dunmire have set foot in their home in Boiling Spring Lake, North Carolina. Staying with family in North Wildwood, New Jersey for the past week and a half, the couple...

Thursday, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:19 PM EDT

Florence-Weary Carolinas Could Get More Record Flooding

Florence-Weary Carolinas Could Get More Record Flooding

Hurricane Florence is still wearing out the Carolinas, where residents have endured an agonizing week of violent winds, torrential rain, widespread flooding, power outages and death. Frustration and sheer...

Wednesday, Sep 19, 2018 at 08:39 PM EDT

2 Women Drown as Van Swept Into Floodwaters

2 Women Drown as Van Swept Into Floodwaters

As South Carolina rivers overflowed from Florence's torrential rain, deputies taking two women to a mental health facility drove into floodwaters that swamped their van and trapped the women inside, officials...

Wednesday, Sep 19, 2018 at 04:41 PM EDT

Trump Comforts Storm-Ravaged Carolinas With Hot Dogs, Hugs

Trump Comforts Storm-Ravaged Carolinas With Hot Dogs, Hugs

Eager to show heart in a moment of crisis, President Donald Trump handed out hot dogs, hugs and comforting words in the Carolinas on Wednesday as he surveyed the wreckage left by Hurricane Florence. With...

ABOUT US
Millions of people across several East Coast states are being affected by Florence, which made landfall as a Category 1 hurricane on Sept. 14, 2018
Follow Us
Top Stories
Scott, Nelson Campaigns File Suits After Fla. Recount Begins
Scott, Nelson Campaigns File Suits After Fla. Recount Begins

The first election workers are recounting ballots Sunday in Florida's bitterly close races for the U.S. Senate and governor, ramping up their efforts after the secretary of state ordered a review of the two...

Atlantic Wave Forecast to Become Storm, No Impact To SoFlo
Atlantic Wave Forecast to Become Storm, No Impact To SoFlo

The area of showers and thunderstorms near the Leeward Islands has a 30 percent chance of development over the next two days and a 70 percent chance over the next five days.

Bill Nelson Sues to Count Late Vote-By-Mail Ballots in Fla.
Bill Nelson Sues to Count Late Vote-By-Mail Ballots in Fla.

Democratic U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson is suing the Florida Department of State in an effort to count vote-by-mail ballots that were postmarked before Election Day but not delivered before polls closed.

Vandals Slash Tires on 23 Cars in Miami Beach
Vandals Slash Tires on 23 Cars in Miami Beach

Authorities are investigating after nearly two dozen cars were found vandalized in Miami Beach Monday morning.

Grim Search for More Victims in Record-Tying Calif. Wildfire
Grim Search for More Victims in Record-Tying Calif. Wildfire

The death toll from the wildfire that incinerated Paradise and surrounding areas climbed to 29 — matching the mark for the deadliest single blaze in California history — as crews continued searching for...

Lockdown Lifted After BSO Bomb Squad Responds to FLL Airport
Lockdown Lifted After BSO Bomb Squad Responds to FLL Airport

A lockdown has been lifted at the Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport after a bomb squad responded to a suspicious package.