OJ Simpson Banned From Las Vegas Hotel-Casino: Attorney

A photographer caught up to former football legend OJ Simpson after he was released from prison shortly after midnight Sunday. He has served nine years for robbery.

(Published Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017)

O.J. Simpson's attorney says the former football star has been banned from The Cosmopolitan hotel-casino in Las Vegas.

Attorney Malcolm LaVergne on Thursday told The Associated Press that Simpson received a trespass notice from the hotel Wednesday. He denied that Simpson was intoxicated or belligerent while at the Las Vegas Strip property.

The Nevada Department of Corrections released a video early Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017, of O.J. Simpson, the former football legend and Hollywood star, leaving a prison in Lovelock after serving nine years for armed robbery.

(Published Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017)

LaVergne says Simpson was not given a reason for the ban. He says Simpson contacted his parole officer Thursday and underwent drug and alcohol tests, which were negative.

The hotel in a statement says it does not comment on it guests.

Simpson was paroled from a Nevada prison last month after serving nine years for armed robbery and assault with a weapon in an ill-fated bid to retrieve memorabilia.

He is living in a Las Vegas gated community.

Margaret Newsum, 93, had no idea that the Camp Fire was rapidly approaching her Magalia home until her caretaker left for the day and she turned on the television. She was quickly rescued by her friend Dane Ray Cummings, who decided to break company policy and rescue Newsum with his Waste Management truck. KCRA reports.

(Published 3 hours ago)