A Miami Beach woman says she has a new neighbor: An 11-foot crocodile she found swimming near her home.
Stefanie Voigt says she spotted the croc the morning of Nov. 19 in the waters near Sunset Harbor Marina.
Voigt, a filmmaker, grabbed her camera and snapped some amazing pics of the croc swiftly swimming along the surface.
Though Florida may be better known for its alligator population, crocodiles are frequently spotted in South Florida, the only place they're found in North America.
Voigt said she nicknamed the crocodile "Rupert," and said she's keeping an eye out for him to see if he reappears.
More NBC6.com Stories:
- Mall Santa Denies Groping Elf
- WATCH: Deer Bursts Through Shop Window
- PHOTOS: Outrageous Black Friday Behavior
- Family: We Tipped Server, Didn't Pen Anti-Gay Note
- Naked Man Walking From Georgia to Miami Arrested