Authorities say a bear attacked a central Florida woman while she was walking her dog.
The incident happened Monday night in Longwood.
Orlando television stations report the woman ran to a neighbor's house for help. The neighbor called 911.
Rescue crews say the woman was bleeding from the head.
The woman was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center, where her condition was not immediately available.
Officials say the dogs were not injured. The bear got away.
Several bear sightings have been reported in the area.
More NBC6.com Stories:
- Woman Curses at Miami-Dade Judge Over Bond
- PHOTOS: Weird News Photos
- Bird Steals Camera and Records Journey
- PHOTOS: Celebrity Baby Boom
- Florida Firm Wants to Build $10 Billion Floating City