The Labor Day is upon us and there is no shortage of activities for you do this weekend. Roxanne Vargas has the details on how you can spend your long weekend.
It's a long weekend and there's lots to do in SoFla. Here's a roundup:
• Bruno Mars at the AmericanAirlines Arena, 8 p.m.
Experience Bruno Mars live as he brings his “Moonshine Jungle World Tour” to Miami for one night only.
• Miami Hurricanes vs. Florida Atlantic University at Sun Life Stadium, 8 p.m.
The Miami Hurricanes will open the 2013 football season with the first ever meeting with FAU.
• David Guetta at STORY Miami, 11 p.m.
EDM fans will put their hands in the air and step to the beats of renowned French DJ, David Guetta as he takes his talents to South Beach. Age limit is 21 and older.
• Miami Rock Festival at Churchill’s Pub, 8 p.m.
Local rock n’ roll bands will perform at the 19th annual Miami Rock Festival, the event kicks off Friday and will run daily through September 30.
• Hansel Y Raul at Hialeah Park Casino, 9 p.m.
The “Salsa Under The Stars” event will kick off with a free concert by Latin duo, Hansel Y Raul! A fireworks show will start after the concert at 11 p.m. Best of all, the event is free.
• Miami Home Design & Remodeling Show at Miami Beach Convention Center, August 30 - September 3
Check out a showcase of decorating and remodeling that can help inspire your home. Prices starts from $1 to $10.
• Nabor Day at Jungle Island, August 31- September 2
Take the family out to an adventure with animals & exhibits at Jungle Island’s “Nabor” day event with special prices for the weekend and have lunch with a buffet meal at the park.
• Wang Chung at the Magic City Casino, 8:30 p.m.
Everybody will “have fun tonight” as Wang Chung performs free at the Magic City Casino in Miami. Age limit is 21 and older.
• Robin Thicke & Pharrell at Fontainebleau Miami Beach
You know you’ve heard “Blurred Lines” all summer long, now fans can experience Robin Thicke as he joins Pharrell at the Fountainbleau. Prices vary.
• Martin Solveig at STORY Miami, 11 p.m.
Adults 21 and over can say “Hello” to Martin Solveig Sunday night as he performs at club Story in Miami Beach. Tickets range from $30 to $40.
• Knife Party at Mansion, 11 p.m.
Electric-house duo, Knife Party will gather at club Mansion in Miami Beach. Ages 21 and up. Tickets cost $40.
• Native Bird Festival at Flamingo Gardens, 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Experience live bird exhibits, classes, tours and special presentations at the Native Bird Festival. Admission is half price.