What to Know
South Florida will join in the events with special ceremonies in both Broward and Miami-Dade on Wednesday.
As the nation will mourn the tragic events of September 11, 2001 that saw thousands of lives lost in the terror attacks in New York City, Washington D.C. and in Pennsylvania, South Florida will join in the events with special ceremonies in both Broward and Miami-Dade on Wednesday.
- The Broward County Aviation Department will host a Patriot Day Commemoration on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 as the "We Will Never Forget" ceremony will begin at 8:30 a.m. in Terminal 1 at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- The Margate-Coconut Creek Fire Rescue Department and the Margate Police Department will hold its annual Patriot Day at 9 a.m. at Firefighters Park, located at 2500 Rock Island Road.
- BSO Sheriff Gregory Tony and the agency will remember the 18th anniversary and recognize first responders and veterans at a 10 a.m. event inside the Public Safety Building, located at 2601 West Broward Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale.
- City of Miami Police and Fire Rescue personnel will join on Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. in front of Miami City Hall, located at 3500 Pan American Drive
- Miami-Dade College will hold events at all campuses with the main ceremony at 9 a.m. at the North Campus West Lawn Plaza (near Building 400) located at 11380 N.W. 27 Ave.
- The North Campus is home to two original steel artifacts from the World Trade Center donated to MDC by the Port Authorities of New York and New Jersey.
- A special 9/11 ceremony will take place at Tropical Park starting at 9:30 a.m. hosted by Miami-Dade Police and Miami-Dade Fire Rescue.
- The Hialeah Fire Department will be a having a small ceremony in memory as the honor guard will be presenting the colors along with Department command staff and city officials at Station 1, located at 93 East 5th Street starting at 10 a.m.