NBC 6 Responds Makes a Difference in 2018

NBC 6 Responds makes a difference when you have a consumer complaint or concern.

In 2018, our unit tackled consumer complaints about unfulfilled company promises and products that don’t deliver.

For Meron Tiruneh, a company promised to deliver her items following her move from Florida to Sunnyvale, California. She called NBC 6 Responds after she said the company failed to deliver her belongings.

“At some point someone has to be responsible for my entire life is missing,” Tiruneh told us during our interview back in July.

After 5 months without answers from the moving company, we tracked down her belongings and her items were delivered free of cost.

“I reached out to NBC News and Sasha has been an angel to me,” she said during the interview.

We also helped Mark Chaves.

Chaves called NBC 6 Responds after learning he would be forced to pay an extra fee if he rebooked his airline tickets. He wanted to change his travel reservations after learning Nicaragua was under a travel advisory at the time.

“And this was a perfect example of just another big company not caring about their customers. Especially their safety,” Chaves told us.

We sent an email to the airlines company and within days Chaves was able to rebook without paying the $125 service fee per ticket. The airlines also kicked in a free trip.

Robert Haag called us after a contractor he found on a popular home improvement site took his money and never did the work.

“At my age I can’t make it back up, it’s gone,” Haag told us.

We found out the contractor was unlicensed and had a criminal past.

The home improvement site reimbursed Haag the money he lost, and the contractor has since been arrested for contracting without a license in another county.

We reached to Gabriel Mira Dominguez about Haag’s allegations and his recent arrest for contracting without a license but as of right now we have not heard back.

If you have a consumer complaint or concern you can reach us at (954) 622-6737 or (305) 622-6737. Or submit your complaint here.

Contact Us