A 25-year-old man endured a three-hour surgery to remove a screwdriver that was lodged about two inches into his head.
A 25-year-old man from Poland endured a three-hour surgery to remove a screwdriver that was lodged about two inches into his head, according to The Associated Press.
The man was working in his garden when he slipped and jammed the Phillips head screwdriver into his forehead, the New York Daily News reported.
Upon regaining consciousness, he only felt pain in his hand before realizing the more serious issue, Kochanowicz said.
"Next thing I remember it was my hand hurting and some weird thing near my eyes," the man, who didn't give his name, told Caters News, the New York Daily News
The man walked to his car, took a look in the mirror and discovered a screwdriver lodged in his forehead above his right eye, according to the AP.
"I went to my car to check in the mirror … and I saw the screwdriver in my head," the man said, according to the New York Daily News.
Still, the man was in no hurry to seek medical attention. Kochanowicz told Poland's TVN24 the man smoked a cigarette to calm his nerves before calling his neighbor who brought him to hospital.
Luckily, the screwdriver did not cause injury to the man's eyes or brain.
Published at 10:07 AM EST on Mar 10, 2013