Authorities are trying to figure out why a naked man suffering from severe burns was dropped off at Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
The incident happened Saturday when a woman ran inside the hospital asking for help.
The Sarasota Herald-Tribune reports the woman told nurses the man has been dropped off in her driveway. The woman and two others who brought the man to the hospital left after he was taken inside.
The man was flown to Tampa General Hospital for treatment.
Sarasota Sheriff's officials say the man remembers waking up and being on fire. But other details of his story are hazy. He told investigators he was in the woods, and that he was also in the driveway.
Detectives are trying to piece together what happened.
More NBC6.com Stories:
- Mall Santa Denies Groping Elf
- WATCH: Deer Bursts Through Shop Window
- PHOTOS: Outrageous Black Friday Behavior
- Family: We Tipped Server, Didn't Pen Anti-Gay Note
- Naked Man Walking From Georgia to Miami Arrested