What to Know
- AAA and Budweiser are partnering up to provide a free safe-ride “Tow to Go” service for members and non-members.
- The Memorial Day Safe Ride Program begins Friday, May 25 and ends Tuesday, May 29 at 6 a.m.
It’s no secret that a long holiday weekend increases the chances of drinking and driving, but AAA is once again working to keep impaired drivers off the road in Florida.
This Memorial Day Weekend, AAA and Budweiser are partnering up to provide a free safe-ride "Tow to Go" service for members and non-members.
Their initiative is to prevent impaired drivers from getting behind the wheel, risking their lives and others. The Memorial Day Safe Ride Program is statewide and begins Friday, May 25 and ends Tuesday, May 29 at 6 a.m.
The number to call is 855-2-TOW-2-GO or 855-286-9246.
Here are a few important "Tow to Go" guidelines:
• Tow trucks can usually transport up to two people. If there are more people in your party, you will need to make other arrangements to get them home safely.
• You can’t make an appointment to use Tow to Go. It is designed as a safety net for those that did not plan ahead. Always choose a Designated Driver before you have your first drink.
• In some situations, AAA may need to make other arrangements to get an impaired individual a safe ride home.
• Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions.