Drivers across the state of Florida are once again feeling some relief at the gas pumps with prices dropping for a fourth straight week.
The average price for a gallon of fuel was $4.41, down 10 cents from last week and 47 cents from one month ago, AAA reported Monday.
The price is still up $1.41 from this time one year ago.
In Miami, the average price for a gallon of gas was $4.52 - down 12 cents from last week and 37 cents from one month ago. The cheapest gallon was $4.09 at the Murphy Express located at 990 North Miami Beach Boulevard.
In Fort Lauderdale, the average price was $4.51 per gallon - down 13 cents from last week and 41 cents from one month ago. The cheapest gallon in Broward was located at the Chevron station located at 8161 Wiles Road in Coral Springs.
You can save money by using apps like GasBuddy to find the stations with the lowest prices near you. And it lets you sort by fuel type, payment method, gas station brand and more. Here's what to do.
- Download the GasBuddy app, either on Apple's App Store or on Google Play.
- Open GasBuddy and tap "Sign Up."
- Enter your email and zip code
- You'll need to share your location, a feature that can be turned off in your phone settings later on.
- Tap the "find gas" tab on the bottom of your screen.
- You'll be able to pick which fuel type you prefer. GasBuddy lets you filter for regular, midgrade, premium, diesel, UNL88 and E85.
- The app shows a list of stations and their prices from low to high. It also tells you the range of prices. For example, in one Los Angeles area, prices range from $4.99 to $5.99.
- You can filter by payment method, ratings, brands and amenities, like restrooms or stations that are open 24/7.
- Once you settle on a station, you can click on the one you want. That will show you its full address, directions, ratings, reviews and amenities.
- The app will also ask you to report gas prices at the station, so you can help others get accurate information.
Sign up for our Breaking newsletter to get the most urgent news stories in your inbox.