Another election year is fast approaching and it is necessary to know how to prepare to vote in the November election. Here is a guide with the steps, documents, and requirements needed to vote in elections in Palm Beach County.
Ways to vote:
Palm Beach County residents can vote in the election by mail or in person. One can vote in advance by signing the ballot and sending it to the main elections office before 7:00 p.m. of the day of the election so that your vote counts.
If you prefer to wait until election day, you can see your participating places here.
What you need to vote
When voting at any polling place, either at an early voting site or on the day of the election, be sure to bring a current and valid ID containing your name, photograph and signature. It is also important to bring your voter information card to vote.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
• Florida driver's license
• Florida identification card issued by the Department of Road Safety and Motor Vehicles
• United States passport
• Debit or credit card
• Military identification
• Student identification
• Identification of the retirement center
• Public assistance identification
• Identification of the Neighborhood Association
• Florida Hidden Weapons Licenses
• Veterans health identification cards issued by the US Department of Veterans Affairs. UU
• Identification of employees issued by the government
For more information on the documents needed, visit here.
On election day, voters will register with an election worker, then receive a paper ballot and are escorted to a private booth for review and vote.
For information on early voting and a list of early voting locations, click here.