A Mega Career Fair is coming to South Florida Tuesday afternoon, and the Broward Sheriff's Office as well as Troops to Teachers are just two of the dozens of companies recruiting at the event.
The career fair will bring together 36 top companies recruiting for 2,000 jobs. It will take place from 10 a.m through 2 p.m. at Don Shula’s Hotel, located at 6842 Main Street in Miami Lakes.
The event is Sponsored by El Dorado Furniture, Colonial Life, FirstService Residential, Service Corporation International and the Miami Herald.
Participating companies include:
FirstService Residential will be conducting interviews for Community Association Managers, Administrative Assistants, Maintenance, Painters, Janitors, Landscapers, Front Desk, Security, Pool/Spa, Sales and more!
El Dorado Furniture will also be conducting on the spot interviews for showroom sales associates, customer service representatives, cashiers, receptionists and material handlers!
Broward Sheriff’s Office has openings for certified deputies, law enforcement cadets and detention cadets.
Amerijet International, Inc will be hiring for cargo handlers, cargo palletizers, import agents, temperature control and specialties managers.
Kent Security is recruiting for front desk concierge, security guards and gatehouse security guards.
N Square will be interviewing for residential project consultants and production crew.
CGI, Windows & Doors will be at the event hiring shop laborers, maintenance engineers and customer service representatives.
Troops to Teachers will be interviewing for public school teachers for grades K-12.
USA Parking Systems will be recruiting for Valet Attendants, Dispatchers, Cashiers,Guest Service Representatives, Ramp Supervisors and Garage Attendants.
What to do BEFORE the Job Fair:
• Pre-Register Online! Print out your registration page and bring it with you! This is your “fast pass” into the Job Fair at 10am ONLY!
• Dress your absolute best! This doesn’t mean you have to go out and purchase an expensive outfit, just dress clean cut and professional!
• Update your Resume and bring at least 30 copies with you.
• Do your Research! Pick a few companies from the list below and learn more about them online. The more you know about the company, the more you can converse with them at the event!
• Last but not least - make sure you arrange for a baby sitter! No children will be allowed into the event. This event will draw thousands and it is a safety issue.
What to do AT the Job Fair:
• Arrive with a Positive Attitude and SMILE!
• Bring at Least 30 copies of your resume
• Do not bring any food/drinks/gum into the Career Fair
• Make sure you visit EVERY employer at the event and tell them what type of career you are interested in. If they do not have it available, they might be able to refer you to a company that does!
• No Cell Phones inside the Career Fair room! Treat it as a large interview and be professional!
• It MAY rain. Bring an umbrella!