Renters in Broward County in need of assistance with paying past due or unpaid rent due to the lingering impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic have another chance to get help.
Broward County has received an additional $22 million in funding for its emergency rental assistance program, opening the program for a second round of funding.
Several changes have been made to make the program easier and more expansive, including:
- Expanding the program to cover three months of rent increases, with a notice of a rent increase.
- Providing eligible households with up to 18 months of rent and utility assistance (measured from March 13, 2020), if qualifying criteria are met.
- Financial hardship can be experienced "during" the pandemic instead of "due to" the pandemic.
- Applicant income can now be verified by self-attestation.
- Payments can be made to the tenant, if the landlord or property manager does not wish to participate in the application process.
For a complete list of eligibility requirements and to apply, click on this link.
Sign up for our Breaking newsletter to get the most urgent news stories in your inbox.