Funkshion Fashion Week Miami Beach will celebrate its 25th season starting this Wednesday and continuing until Saturday with established, emerging and progressive designers who will present their collections to the media, celebrities, international buyers and the public.
The four-night event will take place at Collins Park on Collins Ave between 21st and 22nd Streets. To present their innovative style, designers will bring music onto the runways with guest DJs, live bands and their favorite tracks.
The event starts Wednesday at 7 p.m. with the Indie True Fashion Show by Miami-based fashion designer Cassondra Youngs. It continues with Lauren Ashley, who will present the new collection for LA GlamRock Clothing. And to close the night, Evrice Cornelius returns to put on a hip fashion show for his design, Casey Levan.
On Thursday, Vanidades magazine will put on a runway show titled Magia De La Moda (The Magic of Fashion), featuring Venezuelan fashion designer Nicolas Felizola and Los Angeles based fashion brand Nikolaki, whose designer Nick Verreros starred on the second season of reality show “Project Runway.”
For the closing evening on Saturday, Traver Rains will present his T. Rains Collection, featuring music artist and fashion icon Tokyo Diiva.
Funkshion allows the general public to attend free of charge with advance RSVP.
Funkshion Fashion Week Miami Beach Line-Up:
WEDNESDAY 10/16 - FUNKSHION LOVES MIAMI DESIGNERS
- 6:00PM Media Reception
- 7:00PM Indie True Fashion Show by Cassondra Youngs
- 7:30PM GlamRock by Lauren Ashley
- 8:30PM Casey Levan by Evrice Cornelius
- 8:00PM Magia De La Moda presented by Vanidades featuring Nikolaki and Nicolas Felizola (not open to the public)
- 7:00PM Red Dress Fashion Show by American Heart Association - For tickets, contact Lisa Romero at (954)364-5007 or email@example.com.
- 8:00PM Launch of FUNKSHION 25 book
- 8:30PM Fashion Group International AWARDS
- 9:00PM Gustavo Cadile Fashion Show
- 9:00PM T Rains Fashion Show with Special Performance by Tokyo Diiva
- 11:00PM Closing Party