Eight people had to be taken to the hospital after a woman accidentally released pepper spray from her purse inside a Coral Springs building, police said. Destinee Olivera described the effects of the spray.
A total of 16 patients were overcome after a woman accidentally released pepper spray from her purse inside a Coral Springs building, authorities said.
The people had to be treated after they started having trouble breathing at 9750 Northwest 33rd Street in Coral Springs, and eight of them had to be taken to the hospital, police said.
“They were rushing us, people were falling out on the floor and stuff,” said a victim of the incident, Destinee Olivera. “Nobody knew what was going on. And I felt my heart beating fast, like my head started hurting, my eyes were watering. I didn’t know what was going on.”
Paramedics treated people in a parking lot, aerial footage showed.
More Local Stories: