Man Accused in Boat Capsizing Pleads Not Guilty | NBC 6 South Florida

Man Accused in Boat Capsizing Pleads Not Guilty

Naaman Davis pleaded not guilty in Miami federal court Monday to multiple federal charges

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Four women were killed and 11 people were rescued after a small boat capsized in waters east of Miami Beach, the U.S. Coast Guard said. Spokesman Darren Caprara comments. (Published Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013)

    A man accused of driving a boat that capsized off Miami, killing four Haitian women, has pleaded not guilty to multiple federal charges.

    Naaman Davis pleaded not guilty in Miami federal court Monday to charges of smuggling resulting in death, involuntary manslaughter and illegal re-entry after being deported. His attorney has said he intends to give Davis ``a zealous, aggressive defense of these charges.''

    The man federal prosecutors say was Davis' crewman for the smuggling operation pleaded not guilty last week to charges of smuggling resulting in death and illegal re-entry.

    Both men were among 11 survivors found clinging to the boat's overturned hull in mid-October.


    A funeral was held over the weekend for one of the victims. Funerals for two other victims will be held Saturday in South Florida.
     

    More Stories on NBC6.com: