Fire rescue workers responded to a mercury spill at Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah Monday, authorities said.
The spill happened shortly after noon at the hospital at 2140 West 68th Street, Hialeah Fire Rescue officials said.
Authorities said the spill turned out to be a leaking blood pressure machine in a doctor's office.
No one was evacuated and there were no injuries, officials said.
Check back with NBC 6 South Florida and NBC6.com for updates.
More Local Stories:
- Coast Guard Searching for Missing Diver Off Key Biscayne
- Hearing in Lawsuit Over Miami Commission Seat Monday
- Family Holds Vigil on 5-Year Anniversary of North Miami Man's Murder