One woman was injured and several residents at a Hollywood apartment complex had to be evacuated after a massive fire tore through the building Friday morning.
Roughly 200 residents of the Cambridge Square Apartments at 6741 Johnson Street were evacuated from their homes around 5 a.m., officials said.
Heavy smoke sent some residents leaping from a second floor ledge to safety, including a grandmother who sustained minor injuries.
Fire officials credit quick-thinking neighbors who banged on doors to wake up fellow neighbors with saving lives.
Hollywood Fire officials said one unit was completely gutted, with two adjoining units suffering severe damage.
Officials said at least eight residents have been left homeless and are seeking assistance from the Red Cross.