A Miami man was caught stealing a frozen steak and a loaf of bread from a deli in the Florida Keys, authorities said.
Jeffery Hunter, 49, was arrested Saturday after employees of Lauri's Deli found him running out hte back door at around 1 p.m. with the meat and bread, the Monroe County Sheriff's Office said.
An employee caught him by the back of his shirt and pulled him inside, while another called authorities.
Employees told authorities that a second man had tried to sell fake gold chains in the deli at the same time. They thought that maybe the second man, who was found nearby, had been trying to distract them.
Authorities found out that the second man was with Hunter and he told them that they had come to the Keys to sell fake gold chains., but he denied knowing that Hunter was going to steal food from the deli.
Hunter faces a charge of burglary and theft. It wasn't immediately known if he had an attorney.
More on NBC6.com:
- PHOTOS:Rock Stars Then and Now
- WATCH: U.S. Army Veteran Undergoes Remarkable Makeover
- Tipsy Turkeys? N.H. Farmer Feeds Thanksgiving Birds Beer for Flavor, Size
- Bartender Stabs Patron Over Thrown Drink: Police
- PHOTOS: Celebrity Breakups
- PHOTOS: Celebrity Plastic Surgery