Man Dies in Pompano Beach Electrocution

Worker was repairing air condition on roof when he was shocked, officials say

Thursday, Dec 20, 2012  |  Updated 2:00 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
10 Worst SoFla. Car Crashes in 2012

Pompano Beach Fire Rescue

Firefighters take a man off a roof after he was electrocuted in Pompano Beach.

advertisement
Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

A man died after he was electrocuted while repairing an air conditioning unit at a Pompano Beach building Thursday morning, officials said.

The 35-year-old man was working with a co-worker on the roof of the building at 709 Northwest 12th Terrace when he was shocked while repairing the unit around 11 a.m., Pompano Beach Fire Rescue spokeswoman Sandra King said.

Man Charged With Battering Girlfriend, Killing Her Hamsters

Paramedics gave the man advanced life support on the roof before a ladder truck was used to remove him, King said. He was taken to Broward Health North where he was pronounced dead.

More Local News

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our New iPad App
Now optimized for iPad, NBC 6... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out