Orlando Releases More 911 Calls From Pulse Nightclub Shooting - NBC 6 South Florida
Orlando Nightclub Massacre

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

Coverage of the Orlando nightclub massacre, June 12, 2016

Orlando Releases More 911 Calls From Pulse Nightclub Shooting

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Orlando Releases More 911 Calls From Pulse Nightclub Shooting
    Getty Images
    ORLANDO, FL - JUNE 12: Orlando police officers seen outside of Pulse nightclub after a fatal shooting and hostage situation on June 12, 2016 in Orlando, Florida. The suspect was shot and killed by police after 20 people died and 42 were injured. (Photo by Gerardo Mora/Getty Images)

    The city of Orlando has released more 911 calls from the mass shooting at a gay Florida nightclub after the FBI said the records are no longer a part of its investigation.

    The release of more than a dozen 911 calls Wednesday comes three months after the massacre that left 49 people dead.

    The release also comes as a legal fight between two dozen media groups and the city is heading toward a conclusion.

    The Associated Press and other media organizations sued for the records to be released, saying they could help the public evaluate police response.

    The city countered that the recordings were exempt under Florida's public records law, and that the FBI insisted their release could disrupt the investigation.

    The FBI said last week withholding the records was no longer necessary.

    Get the latest from NBC 6 anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android