Real Housewives of Miami Star Lisa Hochstein Gets Approval to Build Mansion on Star Island

Preservationists argued the 88-year-old home should be saved not razed.

By Diana Gonzalez
|  Tuesday, Mar 5, 2013  |  Updated 9:52 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Photos and VideosMore Spice, Drama on New Season of

Photos and VideosMore Spice, Drama on New Season of "Real Housewives of Miami"More Spice, Drama onNew Season of "Real...Decision Postponed on Home of Real Housewives of Miami StarDecision Postponed onHome of Real Housewives...More Photos and VideosReal Housewives of Miami star Lisa Hochstein listened as the Miami Beach Design Review Board approved her plans to build a mansion at her home on 42 Star Island Drive on Tuesday.

advertisement
Photos and Videos

More Spice, Drama on New Season of "Real Housewives of Miami"

"The Real Housewives of Miami" are back for season 2. The show on Bravo (which like NBC 6 is owned by NBCUniversal) follows seven South Florida socialites, with four new faces joining the cast this season bringing more spice and a lot more drama. Real Housewives Lisa Hochstein and Karent Sierra sat down with NBC 6's Roxanne Vargas for an interview.

Decision Postponed on Home of Real Housewives of Miami Star

Dr. Leonard Hochstein and his wife, Real Housewives of Miami cast member Lisa Hochstein, asked for a continuance from Miami Beach s Historic Preservation Board on their Star Island home. NBC 6 reporter Diana Gonzalez has the story.
More Photos and Videos

Real Housewives of Miami star Lisa Hochstein listened as the Miami Beach Design Review Board approved her plans to build a mansion at her home on 42 Star Island Drive on Tuesday.

Preservationists argued the 88-year-old home should be saved not razed.

William Cary, assistant director of planning and zoning, said that while the city fully believes the house would qualify as an historic structure it would be "ethically inappropriate" to do that months after the Hochsteins purchased the home with plans for a new one.

"This is systemic of a much larger issue we have on the beach," said review board chair Jason Hagopian.

Last year on Miami Beach, 24 homes built prior to 1942 were demolished.

Nevertheless the board did approve the Hochstein's plan to build a new 14,000 square foot mansion to replace the 1924 house deemed an unsafe structure.

"We are going to celebrate," said Hochstein, who also said she has plans to fill the new home with a lot of children.
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our New iPad App
Now optimized for iPad, NBC 6... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out