A Southern California man has been arrested after police say he whacked a taxi with a didgeridoo in an argument over the fare.
The 31-year-old man and a woman were picked up Sunday night in Chula Vista then fell asleep during a 20-minute ride to a home, according to the U-T San Diego.
Police Lt. Phil Collum says when they arrived, the man got into an argument with the cabbie over the fare.
Collum says he went into the house and came out with a didgeridoo -- a long, wooden instrument from Australia.
Collum says the man threatened the driver with it. The cabbie drove off but the man allegedly chased the cab and whacked it several times with the didgeridoo, denting it.
Arriving police arrested him on suspicion of vandalism.
More Weird News from NBC 7:
- Bartender Stabs Patron Over Thrown Drink: Police
- Officers Round Up Suspect, Missing Chick-fil-A Cow Costumes
- Drunk Youngsters Take Circus Llama on a Tram Ride in France
- Bears Fan Tasers Wife Over Lost Packers Bet: Cops
- Thieves Strike at La Jolla Bentley Dealership