Florida Man Lights Himself on Fire While Decorating For Halloween: Cops

Ron Neilson accidentally set himself on fire and was burned on 40 to 50 percent of his body, police said.

Wednesday, Oct 16, 2013  |  Updated 11:47 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Top Entertainment Photos

advertisement
Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

A Florida man who was decorating his home for Halloween was hospitalized Wednesday after accidentally setting himself on fire, police said.

Ron Neilson was burned on 40 to 50 percent of his body, mostly in his upper torso, Palm Bay Police public information Officer Yvonne Martinez said.

According to police, the incident was ruled as an accident.

The 50-year-old man’s Halloween decorations involved gasoline, wood and candles, authorities said. When he lit one of the candles, the decoration exploded causing the second-degree burns, Martinez said.

Neilson rolled on the ground while his wife used a hose to put out the fire, police said.

The fire department was able to completely put out the fire and Neilson was airlifted to the hospital, Martinez said.
 

More on NBC6.com:

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our New iPad App
Now optimized for iPad, NBC 6... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out